4.26.2010

A Night in Review

Wow, how do I begin...

Friday was a great night for me. Despite the rain and my bummer mood at the beginning of the day, I managed to put what I couldn't control aside and enjoy the celebration of three months of hard work. The Artrageous exhibit and business launch party were a success, but not without the help of wonderful friends and family.

-Mom and Dad, thank you for making the extended trip and being here on such an important occasion. Your support means so much and I love making you proud. What kid wouldn't.
-Charley and Gloria, thank you for all that you do to encourage and support my dream. I couldn't ask for better in-laws. And Charley, those pecan tartlet-thingys you brought were a hit!
-Seth, my husband, my best friend, my love.  You deserve the biggest thanks. Funny how when we think we're least prepared to take a risk is when we actually do it. Thank you for encouraging me and believing in me. Thank you for all that you do for our family, your hard work and dedication. At times, this (launching a business) hasn't been the easiest road for us, and I'm quite certain I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you a thousand times over for for your support. I love you so much!
- Logan, you're only 2 1/2 years old so you can't read this, but thank you for being the best son ever and putting up with me and the camera that is always in your face. But with cheeks like that, who coUld resist taking photos of you? I think you were the hit of the evening!

Also, special thanks goes to Kelly Coalier of Orchids & Art for framing all of my work for the show and to David Spear for providing the studio space for my exhibit and party. I'd also like to applaud the men of Ramblin' Daniel for the acoustical entertainment throughout the evening. Seth, Justin, Kyle and Todd did a wonderful job of keeping the mood upbeat despite the dreary weather!

And who could of missed the dessert bar! We were able to keep a huge table stocked with delicious (mostly) homemade treats, but not without the combined effort from friends and family. Thank you Mom and Dad, Charley and Gloria, Carrie, Heather, Trey, Jessica, Kelley, Megan and Emma (hope I didn't forget anyone) for providing the ingredients and labor to create wonderful desserts for the party, serving platters and floral arrangements. It all looked and tasted fabulous!!!

Lastly, I know that some of you want to see pictures from the show. Funny thing is, I didn't take any during the event. I took a few shots of the set-up, but that was it. I really struggled with the choice of weather to document the occasion or enjoy it without a camera. I opted for the latter, and in the end, I am grateful. As a photographer, I spend lots of time photographing for other people, recording moments that they don't want to forget. I certainly don't want to forget Friday night, but I don't believe it would have been as successful with me stuck behind a camera for the evening. Friday was a celebration of three months of preparation and planning and I had so much fun meeting new people, seeing old friends, chatting and laughing and tapping my toes to the music. I couldn't have done all that with camera in hand. It was nice to be able to step back and look around the room at the people who came to see me and my work and that support meant SO much. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

In the end, I'm sure I'll post a few of the set-up shots here on the blog sometime this week. And if anyone reading this took pictures, please don't hesitate to email me a few. I'd love to see what you got.

...with much love and appreciation, rebecca

1 comment:

  1. I so wish I could have been there to see it all!!! Much love from oh-so-humid Florida!!!

    ReplyDelete